Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Mississippi Gulf Coast - Bay St Louis


Bay St Louis is about 25 miles west of Biloxi on route 90. It is a delightful drive along the coast. My son, Todd, was in the area on business and recommended that we visit. The village has little shops and antique stores in abundance.




We stopped at the old train depot. Pictured below. I kind of thought there was a Spanish influence in the design. The depot housed a small museum. There were a number of displays of Mardi Gras costumes which are pictured below.



















There were some examples of wood carving sculpture.





We drove by this boarding house from a bygone era. Very quaint.



We ere looking for a place to have lunch and happened across the Blind Tiger a pet friendly restaurant. We have never been able to bring our dogs in with us prior. We decided to take them in and if it did not work out we could always run them out to the car.










Pillo sat in Carol's lap and Gizmo sat in the seat beside me. I did share my burger with Gizmo my Yorkie. Neither dog made a sound. We  walked a bit along the waterfront before heading back.